Saturday, May 7, 2011

Great or Crazy!?

Okay...I need some help. I have been thinking about this idea since I started on the other granny squares. I have a TON of handspun yarn that is sitting around. A lot of it goes together well as I tend to gravitate towards a certain color palette.

Handspun Yarns

The plan is to take all of these yarns, crochet granny squares, in a different pattern then I am doing now and make a blanket. The handspun will stripe slightly on its own due to the way it is spun so each square will be done with just one color. This will also maximize my yarn as there will be less ends to weave in. I would do a plain yarn on the last round of each to bring it all together.

Am I crazy or does it sound like fun?! Any ideas, suggestions...throw them out there.

2 comments:

  1. I think it will be gorgeous. I've seen at least one handspun granny - but it was one gigantic granny square if I remember right, and it was spectacular. can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete